This picnic tap system is our personal favorite (seriously it is!) it's not as glamorous looking as our other all steel tapping systems but it has a couple of features we think make it shine just as much.
1. It is really lightweight, at 1/5 the weight of the steel systems this is perfect for taking out and about.
2. It is very easy to use. The steel tapping systems take a bit of getting used to especially if you haven't worked in a bar or have a home kegging system. The Flexi Tap is as simple as holding the tap over your glass and pressing the button.
3. It works with the keg lying down! This is something we think is awesome! Your keg can be lying on its side on a shelf in the fridge and you can still pour a freshly tapped beer, see the video below.
4. Despite being made of plastic they are very durable. They have virtually no moving parts or seals to replace so should last you for years of hard knocks. If something does break they are very affordable to replace.
5. It still uses 16g CO2 cartridges, not a pump as with many other picnic taps, so your beer will stay fresh and frothy for weeks.
The one feature the steel taps have that this lacks is a bleed valve. This can be easily overcome as you can still vent the oxygen in the keg after you fill it by not screwing the unit on all the way. Leave a few turns, push the CO2 injector for a couple of seconds to vent any oxygen then screw it on the rest of the way. Your beer is now sterile and void of any oxygen and will stay frothy and fresh for a couple of weeks!
This tapping system fits both the Hummer and the Johnson kegs. This does NOT include a mini keg or growler, this price is for the picnic tap, injector and plastic top alone.